Unanswered: Microsoft JET Database Engine

Hi to all,
    I have a problem with ASP and MS Access 2000. Until yesterday everything was working fine. Today when I checked the web site I keep getting the following error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
    Unspecified error

I haven't changed any code.

Everything has been working fine for long time

Has any one come acrossed to some thing like this?

any help is greatly appreciate

Thanks
    Nato

Re: Microsoft JET Database Engine

Originally posted by natoc
    Hi to all,
    I have a problem with ASP and MS Access 2000. Until yesterday everything was working fine. Today when I checked the web site I keep getting the following error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
    Unspecified error

I haven't changed any code.

Everything has been working fine for long time

Has any one come acrossed to some thing like this?

any help is greatly appreciate

Thanks
    Nato
    I went to Microsoft.com, to the knowledgebase and typed in 'Unspecified Error'. It came back with many, many causes for this error. You should do the same, and browse through them. Perhaps you'll see something that pertains to whatever is happening on your site.

Tim
    Tim

Originally posted by MrWizard
    I went to Microsoft.com, to the knowledgebase and typed in 'Unspecified Error'. It came back with many, many causes for this error. You should do the same, and browse through them. Perhaps you'll see something that pertains to whatever is happening on your site.

Tim

Tim,
    thanks for the reply, but before I post a question, I make sure that I have tried everything I can to solve my problem. By the way the solution was the Environment Variables were wrong. For some reason the settings were changed.

Nato

Nato:

Did you happen to have upgraded MDAC to 2.8? I experienced the exact same thing after I upgraded to MDAC 2.8 I have not yet been able to resolve the situation yet.

This does emphasize the important consideration that, if your web-site encounters any kind of error, there must be some way for it to log the error in a flat-file. (Because, obviously, if there's a database problem, logging into a database table won't work...) You can't count on the web server's logs to be sufficient.

And there must also be some automatic way to check the log, daily and without human intervention.

The web is an unforgiving place. You can literally turn away a thousand customers in a day, and never know it!
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com