Unanswered: Restarting service using batch file problems

Hi There,

I'm fairly new to SQLANywhere, but it seems we have a problem as described below. I can't seem to find anything related to the problem on the support site, so don't really know where to go from here.

I have discovered that when I stop the replication service then stop the database service (using the Sybase SQLAnywhere service manager), the current file (a temporary file of some sort?) located in C:\Winnt35\system32 is deleted. When I start the database service and then start the replication service, a new file is created. So under normal circumstances, this file appears to be a temporary file that is created when the services are started and deleted when they are stopped.

In a .bat file that we have running under the scheduler, these services are stopped and started using command line commands and are effectively being run by the ID that the WinAT service runs under (I am not sure if this is system, or Administrator or some other ID). It appears that when the services are stopped the file is not being deleted for some reason, then a new file is properly being created when the services are restarted.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Thanks!

Hiya

What replication setup are you using?
    sql remote, rep server, Mobilink.

If this any of the first 2, then is this file your message file? If you have specified system32 as your default rep directory or if that you start the replication from system32 directory then the files will be created in the relative directory path.

You should never have anything in the system32 unless you haven't specified the consolidated directory information and invoking replication from system32.

Cheers
    Willy