Unanswered: Rolforward done,but still in rolforw. pending

Hello everyone, (DB2 v7.1)
    I have done restore of db TEST and rolled it forward till the exact date, by issuing command:

db2 rollforward db test to 2003-06-18-040000 and stop

After few hours I received a message that rolled forward was completed, and the db2diag.log has the last sentece like "Rollforward iteration completed"

I tried to connect to test but received the error:
    SQL1117N A connection to or activation of database "TEST" cannot be made because of ROLL-FORWARD PENDING. SQLSTATE=57019

I issued the command
    db2 "rollforward db ppztest query status" and received this:
    Rollforward Status

Input database alias = test
    Number of nodes have returned status = 1

Node number = 0
    Rollforward status = DB working
    Next log file to be read = S0011176.LOG
    Log files processed = -
    Last committed transaction = 2003-06-17-23.10.42.000000

So obviously rollforward was not done succesfully...
    How to detect the problem?

To be honest I do not need to rolle it forward at all but when I issued the restore command ..."without rolling forward"... dbm respond that it has to be done with rolling forward because my db has logretain and userexit ON. So I ommit "without rolling forward"... and now I have a problem.

Thank you in advance..
    Nicole

Re: Rolforward done,but still in rolforw. pending

if your backup was taken offline then you don't have to rollforward. But I believe if it was taken online then you can specify a point in time, that way it does not need to rollforward all the logs.

The other thing I noticed and might be a type is that you are rollingforward a database name TEST and doing a query status on database named PPZTEST...

dollar

Originally posted by NNicole
    Hello everyone, (DB2 v7.1)
    I have done restore of db TEST and rolled it forward till the exact date, by issuing command:

db2 rollforward db test to 2003-06-18-040000 and stop

After few hours I received a message that rolled forward was completed, and the db2diag.log has the last sentece like "Rollforward iteration completed"

I tried to connect to test but received the error:
    SQL1117N A connection to or activation of database "TEST" cannot be made because of ROLL-FORWARD PENDING. SQLSTATE=57019

I issued the command
    db2 "rollforward db ppztest query status" and received this:
    Rollforward Status

Input database alias = test
    Number of nodes have returned status = 1

Node number = 0
    Rollforward status = DB working
    Next log file to be read = S0011176.LOG
    Log files processed = -
    Last committed transaction = 2003-06-17-23.10.42.000000

So obviously rollforward was not done succesfully...
    How to detect the problem?

To be honest I do not need to rolle it forward at all but when I issued the restore command ..."without rolling forward"... dbm respond that it has to be done with rolling forward because my db has logretain and userexit ON. So I ommit "without rolling forward"... and now I have a problem.

Thank you in advance..
    Nicole

If the backup was an online backup and you do not wish to rollforward through logs, then you must determine the minimum point in time to rollforward to. One way of doing this is to issue the rollforward command(in MPP must be issued from the catalog node only) with an improbable timestamp like last year. When you do that, the database will give you the minimum point in time to rollforward to, which is essentially a sync point. For an online backup, you must rollforward to that point.