Unanswered: Drop Box query in a form!

Hi,

I am organising a system for a computer in my mates house for his DVD's and I am now wanting to create a drop box to search the genre, actors and ratings by, I realise I have to do this in a form but I have no Idea as to how to do this and I have looked around the net but I havent been able to find anything in plain english. can someone please help me?

I have taken a screenshot of my tables so you can tell me exactly what I should do.

Thanks
    : )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tables.bmp  

Re: Drop Box query in a form!

Originally posted by smeghead_98
    Hi,

I am organising a system for a computer in my mates house for his DVD's and I am now wanting to create a drop box to search the genre, actors and ratings by, I realise I have to do this in a form but I have no Idea as to how to do this and I have looked around the net but I havent been able to find anything in plain english. can someone please help me?

I have taken a screenshot of my tables so you can tell me exactly what I should do.

Thanks
    : )
    Here is a similar answer I did using two dates as criteria but the concept is the same (query by form).

Have a form perhaps called MyForm with the following 2 controls:
    ctrDateMin
    ctrDateMax

And have a command button on the form to open the report with something like the following code behind the OnClick property:
    DoCmd OpenReport "MyReport", A_PREVIEW
    DoCmd Maximize

Of course the form could also have a command button to open another form with something like the following code behind the OnClick property:
    DoCmd OpenForm "MyOtherForm"
    DoCmd Maximize

Base the report on a query. In the query's criteria for the date field perhaps put in something like the following:
    Between [Forms]![MyForm]![ctrDateMin] And [Forms]![MyForm]![ctrDateMax]

And of course if the command button were opening a form instead of a report, the form could also be based on the same query or a similar one.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips