Thread: UDB Snapshot

Unanswered: UDB Snapshot

UDB: V7.2 fixpak 5

Hi:

When I issue the command for database snapshot, part of the output is:

High water mark for connections = 2
    Application connects = 1857

first one tells me the maximum number of connections made to the database, what is the second one APPLICATION CONNECTS? and is there any document explaining the output of snapshot monitor, I know it's self explanatory but still some help would be great...

Re: UDB Snapshot

This number indicates the number of times your application(s) issued 'CONNECT' calls ..

This number indicates the maximum number of connections that have been active at a given point of time. To put in another way, at any point of time, from the activation of the database, your 'list applications' would have returned a maximum of two connections.

Application Connects are really expensive .... You have to look for a means of reusing the connections, rather than terminating and reconnecting everytime ....

If you can't reuse the connections, atleast make sure you have sufficent number of agents in the pool , aka, NUMPOOLAGNTS ...
    In your case, if you are not using parallelism , you need to have a minimum of two agents in the pool ... If you are using parallelism, then, you will have to calculate the subagents and the coord agents ..

Also, consider numinitagents ..

BTW, you can find information on the snapshot (and event) monitors in System Monitor guide and refernece

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by dollar489
    UDB: V7.2 fixpak 5

Hi:

When I issue the command for database snapshot, part of the output is:

first one tells me the maximum number of connections made to the database, what is the second one APPLICATION CONNECTS? and is there any document explaining the output of snapshot monitor, I know it's self explanatory but still some help would be great...