Unanswered: cannot connect to database DB2 errors

SQL1036C An I/O error occurred while accessing the database. SQLSTATE=58030

Anyone know how to fix these errors? Thanks

Scott

Re: cannot connect to database DB2 errors

Normally you need to re-move the directory SQL000001, then catalog it again. Normally we'll rename it to something else, There's something corrupt in it.

rebuild control file and db2

Spoke with support engineers at IBM DB2 last nite and we need to rebuild the control file as well as DB2.

How did you rebuild the control file? Recover it?

my solution

After sending the db2dart output to IBM support they patched my damaged control file and I used the new control file to connect to DB2 database. Then I grabbed the DDL using db2look and dropped the damaged database. Fortunately it was development and not production. We recreated the database using the extracted ddl and then re-loaded the data from qa.

Re: my solution

Just curious, which file did you send to IBM ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mixxalot
    After sending the db2dart output to IBM support they patched my damaged control file and I used the new control file to connect to DB2 database. Then I grabbed the DDL using db2look and dropped the damaged database. Fortunately it was development and not production. We recreated the database using the extracted ddl and then re-loaded the data from qa.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

SQLOGCTL.LFH file corruption

After running the db2dart and db2support utilities as well as a db2trc
    output sent to IBM support. They found that the SQLOGCTL.LFH file was corrupted and that the archive log files it needed were missing. After they sent me a patched SQLOGCTL.LFH file I was able to re-connect to DB2 and then recreate the database. Interesting how one pesky file can fry your whole database!