Unanswered: SQL server 2000 Insert error, column 1 ('ColumnName', DBTYPE_I4), status 9: Permissio

I'm using sql server 2000 and have major problems with the DTS. When I'm trying to insert into a target column that is an identifier I get "Insert error, column 1 ('ColumnName', DBTYPE_I4), status 9: Permission denied."

This is reported at microsoft (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;238673) but the work around does NOT help me. I.e. I allready use fast load and enable identidy insert but I still get the error.

Can somebody please help me. I really want to keep the values from the source table in my identifier column in the target DB.

I tried using "SET IDENTITY_INSERT [ database. [ owner. ] ] { table } { ON | OFF }" and set it to ON. But it still don't work.

NOTE: I can insert new rows with a specified id with e.g sql query analyser, but the DTS will not work.

Problem solved: Do NOT use odbc for this, use OLE!

Last edited by phb; 06-24-03 at 12:11.

DBTYP_I4 status 10

Hi,
    I too am trying to load a table with an identity column from a text file. However, I do not want to preserve identities, but generate new ones.
    I am using the Import Wizard to do this. When I run the job I get the DBTYPE_I4 error with a status of 10, which tells me I am trying to insert a null into an identity column. I tried changing drivers from ODBC to OLE and got the same error. Do you have any other tips/suggestions that I might try?

Re: DBTYP_I4 status 10

Originally posted by swieder
    Hi,
    I too am trying to load a table with an identity column from a text file. However, I do not want to preserve identities, but generate new ones.
    I am using the Import Wizard to do this. When I run the job I get the DBTYPE_I4 error with a status of 10, which tells me I am trying to insert a null into an identity column. I tried changing drivers from ODBC to OLE and got the same error. Do you have any other tips/suggestions that I might try?

Make sure that your column have the property to generate new id's when a new row is inserted. Also make sure that you do not try to insert the old id to the new column, i.e. leave that column out in your INSERT statement.