Unanswered: db2 client fixpack question

I'm upgrading my db2 database and all clients from the GA release level to Fixpack 9 (via FP3). The readme instructions have me running db2iupdt and db2updv7, and the db2 BIND <path>/@db2ubind.lst BLOCKING ALL GRANT PUBLIC, db2 BIND <path>/@db2cli.lst BLOCKING ALL GRANT PUBLIC commands. My question is - do I have do run all/any of these on all the client machines, or just on the database host?

On another note - it took me a 300mb download of the FP9 level client to realize that it won't upgrade an existing client on Solaris, it's only good for a new install despite this notice on the download page "You can use a client package to install a new client from scratch, or to upgrade an existing DB2 client to the current FixPak level". Grrrr

-Lorn

Re: db2 client fixpack question

For every operating system - DB2 level combination, you will have to bind db2ubind.lst and db2cli.lst

This infomration has been clearly mentioned in the Readme file of the fixpack

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by Lornath
    I'm upgrading my db2 database and all clients from the GA release level to Fixpack 9 (via FP3). The readme instructions have me running db2iupdt and db2updv7, and the db2 BIND <path>/@db2ubind.lst BLOCKING ALL GRANT PUBLIC, db2 BIND <path>/@db2cli.lst BLOCKING ALL GRANT PUBLIC commands. My question is - do I have do run all/any of these on all the client machines, or just on the database host?

On another note - it took me a 300mb download of the FP9 level client to realize that it won't upgrade an existing client on Solaris, it's only good for a new install despite this notice on the download page "You can use a client package to install a new client from scratch, or to upgrade an existing DB2 client to the current FixPak level". Grrrr

-Lorn
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.