Question Unanswered: Upgrading to SQLServer

I have this replicated db that I have basically spent the last 2 years building and improving on for the company that I work at and I am beginning to feel that Access may be insufficient for the task in the near future. Does anyone know, can you use SQLServer or another program in such a way as to not lose all the programming and report/form structure that I have spent so long making? Would a person have to rebuild all those forms/reports in vb and use new vb programming to achieve all the processing of data and to get the same look and feel? Thank you for your time.

SQL Server upgrade.

Why not load the data into the SQL server DB, and use attached tables in the Access DB, so that you do not loose any work.

This will buy you time to investigate different options for VB or Access.

Used Access upsizing wizard (under database utilities) to upsize the back end tables to sql server, and had to make very few front end code chngs to make it work, using attached tables via odbc link. Plenty of info, both in access help and on the web to guide you thru the process, but in brief, u upsize the structure of the tables only, (choosing make no changes to the front end) then use the data import wizards in sql server to import the data from the access tables into sql server (order of table import is crucial if you have ref integrity), then relink with odbc to the sql server tables. It works well with access 2000 and above. Few things may need some recoding, eg some querys may run slower, but most will be faster. Later, as separate more complex phase, u could turn yr access front end to an access project with queries converted to very efficient stored procedures/views within sql server, and ADO code not DAO. Read the access help files under "upsizing", and search the web as well inc MS knowledgebase.