Thumbs up Unanswered: IMPORT on oracle9iAS

Hi techs: We're trying to import a file (.exp) from oracle 8.1.6 to an Oracle8iAS database.., and I was searching in the documentation on line but I didn't find the classic imp.exe or exp.exe on $ORACLE_HOME/bin, is still existing on the Oracle9iAS or there's a different procedure/commands to do the import ?
    Thanks in Advance :-)
    Papik

Re: IMPORT on oracle9iAS

Originally posted by Papik
    Hi techs: We're trying to import a file (.exp) from oracle 8.1.6 to an Oracle8iAS database.., and I was searching in the documentation on line but I didn't find the classic imp.exe or exp.exe on $ORACLE_HOME/bin, is still existing on the Oracle9iAS or there's a different procedure/commands to do the import ?
    Thanks in Advance :-)
    Papik

I hate to be a pain, but Oracle 9iAS is not a database. It is an application server, so of course exp and imp would not exist in the directory structure. If, as I suspect, you meant just Oracle 9i, then you need to specify what OS you are using. I believe the names are different for Windows flavors and any UNIX.

Let me know which OS and hopefully I can help.

HTH,
    Patrick

Oracle 9i

Sorry people, a little confused with ORacle 9i AS, in fact is Oracle 9i on a Windows NT/2000 plaftform and Solaris plaftorm some idea about the names of the imp/exp commands ?.
    Thank you again !