Unanswered: mainform value to a subform

anyone know how to copy a value from a main form to a record in a subform.? eg if SSN in main form is 444-444-444 then this value gets copied in the subform each time a new record is created in the subform.

Re: mainform value to a subform

Originally posted by billjov
    anyone know how to copy a value from a main form to a record in a subform.? eg if SSN in main form is 444-444-444 then this value gets copied in the subform each time a new record is created in the subform.
    i guest the field SSN is the linked field between your main and sub form. if thats the case, i would write some vb codes in the sub form before_insert event. something likes this:

Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel as Integer)
    Me.SSN1 = Forms("Main_form_name").SSN
    End Sub

where SSN is the control name in main form containing 444-444-444 and SSN1 is the control name in the subform

hope this helps
    qha_vn

Re: mainform value to a subform

Good morning!

Thanks qha

I found another way also. I set the sunform SSN field control as the control source and then set the default value to copy the value from main form to the subform by inserting =[Forms]![frmMain]![SSN].

This achieved the same thing as your suggestion.

Thanks!

Stay in touch.
    PM me if u would like my email address.

Originally posted by qha_vn
    i guest the field SSN is the linked field between your main and sub form. if thats the case, i would write some vb codes in the sub form before_insert event. something likes this:

Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel as Integer)
    Me.SSN1 = Forms("Main_form_name").SSN
    End Sub

where SSN is the control name in main form containing 444-444-444 and SSN1 is the control name in the subform

hope this helps