Unanswered: solving filesystem full problem with tablespaces using SMS containers

We have several large tablespaces on our production DB2 database that use SMS containers. After research we found out that the containers are on a filesystem (AIX) that is not enabled for large files >2Gb. How can I migrate these tablespaces that are out of space (SQL -0968C error) to a new filesystem that is enabled for large file sizes? Thanks !

Scott

Re: solving filesystem full problem with tablespaces using SMS containers

If you are atleast on DB2 V7 FP7 , you can use the db2relocatedb command ...

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/d...7/db2ir126.htm

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mixxalot
    We have several large tablespaces on our production DB2 database that use SMS containers. After research we found out that the containers are on a filesystem (AIX) that is not enabled for large files >2Gb. How can I migrate these tablespaces that are out of space (SQL -0968C error) to a new filesystem that is enabled for large file sizes? Thanks !

Scott
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

redirected restore for full tablespaces?

Can we do a redirected restore from DB2 7.2 to recreate the tablespaces and migrate them to a new filesystem that has large file size enabled? We have fixpack 6 installed on our production DB2 system so I cannot run the command you recommended.

Re: redirected restore for full tablespaces?

Scott

I'm sorry ... The fixpack was available even earlier to FP7 , FP4 ...

I missed ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mixxalot
    Can we do a redirected restore from DB2 7.2 to recreate the tablespaces and migrate them to a new filesystem that has large file size enabled? We have fixpack 6 installed on our production DB2 system so I cannot run the command you recommended.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.