Unanswered: question DB2 log files and SQL1004C errors

I cannot connect to our DB2 database. Checked the logs and found all logs fill up filesytem for log files on DB2. Is this why I cannot connect to database and get SQL1004C errors? Thanks

Re: question DB2 log files and SQL1004C errors

Can be a reason ...

When you connect to a database, 'logprimary' number of log files are intialized ... If there is a filesystem space problem. you might get this error ...

I think db2diag.log file will have some information

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mixxalot
    I cannot connect to our DB2 database. Checked the logs and found all logs fill up filesytem for log files on DB2. Is this why I cannot connect to database and get SQL1004C errors? Thanks
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

still cannot connect to DB2 after cleanup

We offlined the older log files to tsm backup and then when I cleaned up the full filesystem I still cannot connect to DB2.

Hi,

When first application is connected to database, then primary log files are generated. You must have enough disk space to enable DB2 to create primary log files. To calculete the size of log files you have to make following calculation:

Check parameters:
    db2 get db cfg for database_name

Calculete:
    size_of_disk_needed_for_first_connect_in_bytes = LOGFILSIZ * LOGPRIMARY * 4 kB
    total_of_disk_needed_for_all_log_files = size_of_disk_needed_for_first_connect_in_bytes + LOGFILSIZ * LOGSECOND * 4 kB

If you don't have enough disk space, you can move log files to diferent disk.
    Check parameters:
    db2 get db cfg for database_name

Move log files
    db2 update db cfg for database_name using NEWLOGPATH directory_of_new_disk

You will have to force all application from database to apply this setting.
    db2 force application all

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Thanks for your insight

Indeed thanks for the details. We cleaned up the log directory and were able to reconnect to db2