Question Unanswered: empty fields in combo boxes

I have four cascading combo-boxes in a form, 2 of which may may occasionally be blank (i.e., no data in the field). What do I need to do to enable the user to have the option to not enter data in these combo-boxes?

i would create a command botton next to that combo to set it to null, something simply likes:

private sub command1_Click()
    me.combobox1.value=null
    end sub

hope this helps
    qha_vn

I really don't want another button, but rather a means within the exisiting combo-boxes for the user to be able to either input/pull down the null value--if just skipping those particular combo-boxes altogether is not possible.

Provided Answers: 5
    if in access 2000 and greate you can use the "not in list" event that will allow you to run procedures, functions, macros if the user types in a value that is not in the list - what you do after the event fires is up to you.

Originally posted by clueless2003
    I really don't want another button, but rather a means within the exisiting combo-boxes for the user to be able to either input/pull down the null value--if just skipping those particular combo-boxes altogether is not possible.
    well, there are several ways without using a button.

1- add a 'ALL' option in the combo box (by adding the that record into the tables that provide row source for the combo boxes)
    2- use the double click event for the combo instead of using a button
    3- use the 'not in list' event of the combo as the advise of Axsprog

hope this helps
    qha_vn