Unanswered: Automated procedures help

Anyone any tips for the most efficient way to automate procedures/sequence of queries in SQL server 2000?
    If riding in a plane is flying, then riding in a boat must be swimming. To experience the element, get out of the vehicle. Skydive!

Provided Answers: 1
    Set up a SQL Server Job through Enterprise Manager's SQL Server Agent.

blindman

automate procedures and quries into stored procedures.

if you wish to schedule these tasks you can setup jobs to execute stored procedures or TSQL commnds or both.
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

triggers........

could triggers not be the answer..........?
    If riding in a plane is flying, then riding in a boat must be swimming. To experience the element, get out of the vehicle. Skydive!

Triggers are used when you want some event to occur every time data in a table is inserted, deleted, or modified.

For nightly batch processing, which is what I thought you were getting at, scheduled jobs are the most convenient method.

What kind of task are you trying to automate?

blindman

Basically, I have a table ( or many tables) which are going to be updated several times a week, after which some queries will be run....................just need to automate this process........

Actually..I think using schduled jobs and sprocs is my answer...do you tend to agree?

Absolutely.