Unanswered: ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent

hi,
    I've exported my instance:

EXP SYSTEM/MANAGER@INSTANCE FULL=Y FILE=C:\EXP_FILE.DMP LOG=C:\ERROR_EXP.LOG

after I've created new tablespace and new user:
    CREATE TABLESPACE MAX DATAFILE 'c:\MAX01.dbf' SIZE 3800M REUSE DEFAULT STORAGE
    (INITIAL 10240 NEXT 10240 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 256 PCTINCREASE 0) ONLINE;

CREATE USER MAX IDENTIFIED BY MAX DEFAULT TABLESPACE MAX TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP;

finally I've imported tom's objects in MAX:

IMP SYSTEM/MANAGER@INSTANCE FROMUSER=TOM TOUSER=MAX FILE=C:\EXP_FILE.DMP LOG=C:\ERROR_IMP.log

but in some tables I get these errors:
    IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1658:
    "CREATE TABLE "AREA" ("OFL" VARCHAR2(4), "OBL" VARCHAR2(32), "OSITE" V"
    "ARCHAR2(32), "OLS" VARCHAR2(32), "OAREA" NUMBER, "DV_ID" VARCHAR2(32), "DP_"
    "ID" VARCHAR2(32), "ODISMESSO" VARCHAR2(2), "OTYPE" VARCHAR2(64), "OCAT" VAR"
    "CHAR2(64), "OOCCUP" NUMBER, "SFL" VARCHAR2(32), "SBL" VARCHAR2(32), "SSITE""
    " VARCHAR2(32), "PRORATE" VARCHAR2(8), "STYPE" VARCHAR2(64), "SCAT" VARCHAR2"
    "(64), "SAREA" NUMBER, "SOCCUP" NUMBER, "AREA_SERV" NUMBER) PCTFREE 10 PCTU"
    "SED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255 LOGGING STORAGE(INITIAL 314572800 NEXT 52428"
    "800 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 1000 PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS "
    "1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "TOM""
    IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
    ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace TOM

I tried to increase tablespace MAX but I get always these errors:

How can I import without errors?

Thanks
    Raf

Could be cos its trying to create the table in tablespace TOM not MAX. Just because the default tablespace for MAX is MAX doesnt mean that imp will use it.

You can edit the dump file to change the tablespace specified to MAX (but be careful, use something like awk or sed) or alternatively let MAX share the TOM tablespace (you may need to grant quota on TOM to MAX). You could also use a tool like TOAD to generate a schema script to create all your tables (but with no data) and then use imp to import the data.

Alan

you table needs a continous chunck tablespace space of 314572800 short 3GB. Are that 3 GB avalilable at the time of its creation?

try creating the table with a smaller intial extent and let oracle handle the extents if you don't want to alter datafile .. resize 7M i.e.