Thread: bde problems

Unanswered: bde problems

I have a delphi app with odbc/bde connection to the oracle 9i DB. The servers operating system its windows2000 Terminal Server. Sometimes I have seen that the thousans separators in the database show like this "10,000" and sometimes like this "10.000"
    Any suggestion.

Thanks

Cool

Check the NLS_LANG parameter in those clients where the separator is incorrect.

Also make sure the NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS parameter is not being modified by the session.

Last edited by LKBrwn_DBA; 07-01-03 at 17:15.

bde problems

Originally posted by LKBrwn_DBA
    Check the NLS_LANG parameter in those clients where the separator is incorrect.

Also make sure the NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS parameter is not being modified by the session.
    I dont know how to make this. Can you show me how? or where I can find information about that.

Thanks a lot

Lightbulb

In your windows client look under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>ORACLE

Key name: NLS_LANG
    String: (Look in: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...a90236/toc.htm)

Other parameters that may be changed by the user session are the monetary paramaters that drive the currency and punctuation symbols: NLS_CURRENCY, NLS_ISO_CURRENCY, NLS_MONETARY_CHARACTERS which are driven by the 'TERRITORY' setting ing NLS_LANG or by default in NLS_TERRITORY.

You may want to check these settings in the database to compare against the setting of NLS_LANG in the clients.

Good luck.