Angry Unanswered: RightToLeft, Arabic application [again]

I posted this on 06-22-03 but no reply yet!! can any one help please...

I am trying to develop and arabic application with righ to left BidiMode but I still have every thing coming from left to right including the window's titlebar..

thanks....

Hi,

I am an Iranin VB Programmer
    For developing persian programs (like arabic, they are RTL programs), in Iran we use persian windows, that supports RTL direction in forms and ...

Whould you plase tell me you want to write this program on what kind of windows? or it is a free platform program?

If you are using an arabic ( or persian) windows, I think there is no problem and you can easily create your RTL program, but on other windows's you may add RTL support by some patches or write your own ActiveX controls that supports RTL

Thanks

salam...

thanks ali for your reply... I am from bahrain....

I am trying to develop this on windows Xp and 2000 and I have the same problem in both.

I am getting the arabic language perfect.. it's just that everything is still at Left-to_Right including the windows caption even after changing the BiDi direction to Right-to-Left.

many thanks...

Smile

Hi,
    I am an Arabic VB programmer

Are you using a Arabic Supported Windows?
    You have mentioned that you are using Windows XP, did you install the Arabic language?

You can reach this through Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> (Tab) Languages -> Click on Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) .

This should solve the problem

Khalid
    Khalid Yousef

but the question is: why do I need the user's regional/language setting?!!! what is this will afftect other programs? can't we do tat using API so that we don't need to make any chages in windows environment?

many thenks