Unanswered: OracleForms9i-Tabular Data Block Issue

Hi,
    I am using Oracle9i Forms9i to design my user screen. I have designed one data block having tabular layout i.e. my data block is having multiple rows (8 rows) and each row is having multiple columns (11 columns).

For this type of data block, how can i access individual data item inside my data block i.e. i want to access or refer 5th column of 3rd row. How can i do this.??

On the screen, the data has been entered by user and i am interested in inserting all these records (all 8 rows of 11 columns each) into oracle table. How can i do that.?? When i am referring :data_block.field_name then i am always getting the value of last row only.

Any suggestion / tips would be a great help to me.

I am designing the screen of Purchase Order where for each order i am having 8 items and each items will have 11 attributes/details. This can be understood as Master-Detail type of screen layout.

Thanks a lot in advace for any suggestion / support to this issue.

Regards,
    - KR

Re: OracleForms9i-Tabular Data Block Issue

hi,
    To navigate to the 5th record, you have to use go_record
    and to fetch a specific value, you to use BLOCK_NAME.ITEM_NAME,
    syntax to get it.

Hope it Helps

Originally posted by RastogiKamesh
    Hi,
    I am using Oracle9i Forms9i to design my user screen. I have designed one data block having tabular layout i.e. my data block is having multiple rows (8 rows) and each row is having multiple columns (11 columns).

For this type of data block, how can i access individual data item inside my data block i.e. i want to access or refer 5th column of 3rd row. How can i do this.??

On the screen, the data has been entered by user and i am interested in inserting all these records (all 8 rows of 11 columns each) into oracle table. How can i do that.?? When i am referring :data_block.field_name then i am always getting the value of last row only.

Any suggestion / tips would be a great help to me.

I am designing the screen of Purchase Order where for each order i am having 8 items and each items will have 11 attributes/details. This can be understood as Master-Detail type of screen layout.

Thanks a lot in advace for any suggestion / support to this issue.

Regards,
    nn