Unanswered: Checkbox control question....

Sorry probably another Newbie Question.

Ive got a continuous form listing some data. Ive added an unbound checkbox so that each item of data has a checkbox next to it. When a load the form and click on one of the checkboxes all checkboxes become ticked. Clicking on one of the checkboxes again unticks all checkboxes...

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop all checkboxes getting updated when clicking only on one,

Thanks for your help

John

Provided Answers: 1
    The checkbox must be bound to a field. Perhaps you need to add a boolean yes/no field to your table.

blindman

Thanks,

Yeah thats what Ive got in the dataset. The problem is that due to the query behind the form the dataset is not updateable. I thought I would try to be clever and find another way around but its just bringing up more problems. Back to the drawing board I think...

John

Provided Answers: 1
    You may be able to make your query updateable by trying the four combinations of the Unique Values and Unique Records query properties, and making sure you include the primary key of the table you are updating. Remember that no more than one table can be updateable in any query.
    I've had success with this before.

blindman

Thanks for your help...

Think Ive just about got it sussed. Will be back in the next hour or so if not

John