Question Unanswered: an output of a query

Hi everyone!

I'm working on a database in Access 2000.
    I'm trying to create a macro which opens a query which copies certain records in a table into a floppy.
    Afterwards, I want the macro to open another query which deletes the same records from the pc - without asking the user to give the criteria again.

So: How can I transfer the output of a certain query as an input of another query?
    Any ideas?
    PLEASE???

Re: an output of a query

Originally posted by gamadon
    Hi everyone!

I'm working on a database in Access 2000.
    I'm trying to create a macro which opens a query which copies certain records in a table into a floppy.
    Afterwards, I want the macro to open another query which deletes the same records from the pc - without asking the user to give the criteria again.

So: How can I transfer the output of a certain query as an input of another query?
    Any ideas?
    PLEASE???
    Hi,

I would be aiming to do this as a VBA program as this would allow for flexibility. You would use the criteria once and ask it copy the records and then delete the records.

However this solution requires some programming skills. I would be happy to write a solution for you if you provide me with the table name, floppy disk table name and criteria.

Mona
    Mona

Thumbs up Thank you!

Hi Mona,
    I'm very greatful!
    The table name is "applications" (and so is the table in the floppy).
    The criteria is a date. I want the user to choose 2 dates (d1 and d2) - and the first query will backup the records created after d1 and before d2 (this is a query which creates a table inside the floppy that contains "archive.mdb" - an empty database). Then, I want the other query to delete all of these records from the original database (in the pc).
    Thanks a lot!