Angry Unanswered: how to auto input data to another field?

1st field data type is an auto number which increments. The format for this field will be 6 numbers total. I will be creating a tape library for our data center.

The 2nd field I would like to take the numbers in the first field automatically inputted. The 2nd field will be changed to barcode.

Q:
    How do I make access input what I put in my 1st field into my 2nd field?

1st field 2nd field
    000001 ||||||||||
    000002 |||||||| |

If there is a better way of doing this please let me know. Management said purchasing software is out of the question.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If the barcode will reflect the autonumber precisely then displaying the table in a form using regular fonts for the first field and barcode fonts for the second field will do the trick. You can also get away with using only 1 field in the table itself.

Talking

Originally posted by access_dude
    If the barcode will reflect the autonumber precisely then displaying the table in a form using regular fonts for the first field and barcode fonts for the second field will do the trick. You can also get away with using only 1 field in the table itself.

You can also get away with using only 1 field in the table itself.
    Thanks for the info.

I copied my first field twice in Forms and report. The first field I was set as a number and the copied field which is the same as the first field was changed to a barcode font.

Thank for the info.