Unanswered: Backwards Conversion from 2002 to 97: References Issues

Has anyone else noticed this problem/issue?

I have an XP/2002 databse and frequently I need to convert it to 97 file format (for others who have 97 to be able to access it).

In my XP/2002 db i have a number of VBA references set. They are set in a certain order (VB for applications, Access 10, DAO 3.6, OLE, VBA Extensibility, then some office references (word excell outlook) and then Active X). They need to be in this order for certain functions to work.

When I run the conversion to 97 (creating a new 97 db) Access changes the order of the references in both dbs (putting OLE and DAO 3.6 at the bottom - making some of my functions not work) and I have to go into both dbs and put them back to how they should be.

Is this a known bug? I have looked on the microsoft site, but I can't find anything about it.

Has anyone seen this before?
    Is it just something I am going to have to live with?

references in VBA

I've had this problem too some time ago.
    I don't know the origin of the problem but you should be able to avoid it by referencing your objects in the code more specific.
    Example :
    use "Dim rs as ADODB.recordset"
    instead of "Dim rs as recordset"

Like this, your code does not need any specific order of its references since you direct the code directly to the correct reference.

Regards,
    Herman

Cunning! I'll use that from now on.