Unanswered: Replication on cluster Problem (SQL 2000)

Config :
    2 database servers SQL 2000, running with OS Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Set in a cluster.

Prob :
    I want to replicate some data from my database for reporting issues.
    Now when i go trough "Configure Publishing and Distribution Wizard"
    and use the "defaults", i always seem to have this error :
    "Error 18483 : Could not connect to server XXX because 'distributor_admin' is not defined as a remote login at the server"

Cause this doesnt work, i tried to "set the distribution properties ...", in the "Configure Publishing and Distribution Wizard". At the Screen with "Provide Distribution Database Information", i have this nice line on the bottem :
    "The paths must refer to disks that are local to 'XXX' and begin with a local drive letter and colon (for example, C. Mapped drive letters and network paths are invalid."

Now since i am using a cluster, and the whole database (all .mdf, ...) are on the network drives, this is a big problem.

Is there any way arround this ?

Re: Replication on cluster Problem (SQL 2000)

Do you register the server with the exact server name NOT the IP address in the Enterprise Manager Console?
    If you didn't , the problem was encountered.
    You should register with the servername.
    Use the following query:
    Select @@SERVERNAME
    to get the Servername.
    I'm sure you can miss it!

Originally posted by Sublimo
    Config :
    2 database servers SQL 2000, running with OS Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Set in a cluster.

Prob :
    I want to replicate some data from my database for reporting issues.
    Now when i go trough "Configure Publishing and Distribution Wizard"
    and use the "defaults", i always seem to have this error :
    "Error 18483 : Could not connect to server XXX because 'distributor_admin' is not defined as a remote login at the server"

Cause this doesnt work, i tried to "set the distribution properties ...", in the "Configure Publishing and Distribution Wizard". At the Screen with "Provide Distribution Database Information", i have this nice line on the bottem :
    "The paths must refer to disks that are local to 'XXX' and begin with a local drive letter and colon (for example, C. Mapped drive letters and network paths are invalid."

Now since i am using a cluster, and the whole database (all .mdf, ...) are on the network drives, this is a big problem.

Is there any way arround this ?

i have the real servername

SO it isnt that. Main prob imo, is that i want to set the replication database on the clustered disk. And SQL-Server is being a bitch about it.

Sub