Thread: ORA-27104 Error

Unanswered: ORA-27104 Error

When a Windows 2000 server running an Oracle 8.1.7 database is connected to the domain and I try to log in via SQL Plus, I get the following error message:

Error:
    ORA-01034: Oracle Not Available
    ORA-27104: Shared Memory Realm Does Not Exist

I have verified that both Oracle and the Listener are up and working by checking the Services. If I remove the server from the domain, I am able to log into the database. It is only when it is connected to the domain that I can't access the database. Does anyone know why? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

There would not be other Oracle databases anywhere in the domain would there???? It sounds as if, once in the domain, you loose your path setting (tnsnames.ora) and are looking at another database that may or may not be up and running.

Oracle doesn't really like to have multiple instances with the same name up and running on the same network

Gregg

There are other databases in the domain, but my DB name is unique. There are not any databases in the domain that have duplicate names. My TNS Names file only has one entry in it (the Database in question).