Unanswered: Data Source Name Not Found and No Default Driver Specified PLEASE HELP!

I wrote a program (in VB6) who uses Access Driver Database connection to connect databases with ADODC.
    However in SOME systems I take an error message
    "Data Source Name Not Found and No Default Driver Specified" and the program can't work properly.
    Please help me where is the difference between a system who can operate this program and who cannot?
    (Both have WinXP, OfficeXP, IIS, ODBC)
    Which component should I install or what configurations shoul I make?

(the connection string is something like this:
    Provider=MSDASQL.1;
    Persist Security Info=False;
    Extended Properties="DSN=MS Access Database; DBQ=C:\deneme.mdb; DriverId=25; FIL=MS
    Access; MaxBufferSize=2048; PageTimeout=5;...
    )

Please HELP

Thank you
    Kaan

Re: Data Source Name Not Found and No Default Driver Specified PLEASE HELP!

Try to install thelast version of MDAC from Microsoft's site on each computer where the application is installed, or you can try to package the app using the Package and Deployment Wizard(it should gather all the dependencies) then install the package on all destination computers.

Originally posted by Kaan133
    I wrote a program (in VB6) who uses Access Driver Database connection to connect databases with ADODC.
    However in SOME systems I take an error message
    "Data Source Name Not Found and No Default Driver Specified" and the program can't work properly.
    Please help me where is the difference between a system who can operate this program and who cannot?
    (Both have WinXP, OfficeXP, IIS, ODBC)
    Which component should I install or what configurations shoul I make?

(the connection string is something like this:
    Provider=MSDASQL.1;
    Persist Security Info=False;
    Extended Properties="DSN=MS Access Database; DBQ=C:\deneme.mdb; DriverId=25; FIL=MS
    Access; MaxBufferSize=2048; PageTimeout=5;...
    )

Please HELP

Thank you
    Kaan
    Steve

There are some versions of MDAC_TYP.exe.
    I downloaded a 5MB version. But it didnt solve the problem.

Re: Data Source Name Not Found and No Default Driver Specified PLEASE HELP!

Any MDAC version 2.5+ should work
    I'd suggest in that case to check the data link properties(property page for the ADODC control)->Use connection string radio button->Build button, and finaly test your connection. Maybe the access to DB is not allowed from those computers. Also check DSN in ODBC.

Originally posted by dbadelphes
    Try to install thelast version of MDAC from Microsoft's site on each computer where the application is installed, or you can try to package the app using the Package and Deployment Wizard(it should gather all the dependencies) then install the package on all destination computers.
    Steve