Thread: Help-me

Exclamation Unanswered: Help-me

Hi all,
    I have this problem... can someone help-me whith this sql?

SELECT

COUNT(*) AS STUDANTS,
    MONTH(TS_INC) AS MONTH,
    YEAR(TS_INC) AS YEAR

FROM

DB2TBW.ISCR_TREN_ATDV

GROUP BY MONTH(TS_INC)

its generate this problem.....

IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0104N An unexpected token "(" was found following "". Expected tokens may include: "FOR WITH ORDER UNION EXCEPT QUERYNO OPTIMIZE ". SQLSTATE=42601

tanks all

I believe you need to GROUP BY both columns selected (except the COUNT(*)).

You might need to refer to the column(s) in the GROUP BY clause as MONTH and YEAR since you re-named them that.

I think there is some problem with date and group by.If u also use the groupp by year clause,it will work

select count(*) as students, month(join_date) as month,year(join_date) as year from students group by month(join_date) , year(join_date)

--will work fine

If we remove one of the group by parameter it won't work,but will work if we don't call that field.

select count(*) as students, month(join_date) as month,year(join_date) as year from students group by month(join_date) - will not work

select count(*) as students, month(join_date) as monthfrom students group by month(join_date) -- Will work fine.

But there is no rule that the column that is grouped by should be retrived in the select stmt.This is evident in the below stmt,becoz students is not grouped and is also retrived.

select count(*) ,name as student ,month(join_date) from students group by month(Join_date),year(join_date)--Works fine.

I am also not sure, anyway depending on ur requirement u can adjust ur query.

micky

Help-me again please

All,

I forget that its base running in os/400.
    This sql run in db2 micro but not in mainframe.

can somebody help-me?

SQL:

SELECT

COUNT(*),
    MONTH(TS_INC)

FROM

DB2TBW.ISCR_TREN_ATVD

GROUP BY MONTH(TS_INC)

have u tried the queries i send to u(after changing the corresponding names).What is the result/error u get.

I dont think there will be much change in the basic sql on any base.

mickykt