Unanswered: ODBC try to connect Internet first

Hello,

I just started with MySQL. Every time when I want to start an ODBCconnection with MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver the internet connection dialog pops up first. After canceling the connection happens correct. How can I prevent this dialog? The MySQL-Server is in the same Network. The driver should find it immediate.

the database is running on an Win2K computer. The client computer is running WinME. I Set Up an Class C Network. Both computers have fixed IP-adresses with Subnetmask 255.255.255.0.

the parameters for the ODBC-Driver:
    Datasourcename: MySQL
    Driver: MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver
    Host/Server: -IP-adress-
    Database: none
    User: none
    PWD: none

I guess it is only a simple configuration in the Network of Win. Please give me a hint.

dibap

Provided Answers: 1

Re: ODBC try to connect Internet first

Originally posted by dibap
    Hello,

I just started with MySQL. Every time when I want to start an ODBCconnection with MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver the internet connection dialog pops up first. After canceling the connection happens correct. How can I prevent this dialog? The MySQL-Server is in the same Network. The driver should find it immediate.

the database is running on an Win2K computer. The client computer is running WinME. I Set Up an Class C Network. Both computers have fixed IP-adresses with Subnetmask 255.255.255.0.

the parameters for the ODBC-Driver:
    Datasourcename: MySQL
    Driver: MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver
    Host/Server: -IP-adress-
    Database: none
    User: none
    PWD: none

I guess it is only a simple configuration in the Network of Win. Please give me a hint.

dibap
    1-You are trying to connect via ODBC with what? a VB app, Access, something else?

2-Have you tried supplying a user and a password?

3-Can you connect to a MySQL database with the mysql client?

1. I try to connect mainly via PurBasic. But it dosn't matter, the Internet connection Dialog pops up also when I connect with MySQL-Monitor. After canceling the Internet-Dialog the Database-connection is OK.

2. Yes, without User and Password it was impossible to connect.

3. If the MySQL-Monitor is a Client as You asked for, Yes ( see above ). I didn't try anything else.

dibap, are you using windows? if yes, may need to take a look at the network configuration. is your mysql server 's ip of the same subnet as the client pc?
    qha_vn

Yes, I am using Windows. As I mentioned in my first request, on the Server W2K and on the Client WinME. Both are in a Class C-Net ( 192.168.10.XX - Subnetmask 255.255.255.0 ).

I can reach the MySQL-Server, but the ODBC-Driver tries to reach the Internet first. I don't understand why.

Provided Answers: 1
    Yes, I am using Windows. As I mentioned in my first request, on the Server W2K and on the Client WinME. Both are in a Class C-Net ( 192.168.10.XX - Subnetmask 255.255.255.0 ).

I can reach the MySQL-Server, but the ODBC-Driver tries to reach the Internet first. I don't understand why.
    Have you trying specifying the computer name instead of the IP address?

its quite strange, have no idea now but have you tried pinging the mysql server's IP to see if windows will try to connect (dont connect to internet first) and see if it can ping the address without error like 'destination host unreachable'

second thing to do perhaps fully scan you PC with updated virus definition

hope this helps
    qha_vn