Unanswered: Converting number to text

This may seem like a novice question, but I'm hoping you can help. I'm trying to convert a number field to text. The numbers look like this:

When I try the conversion, the numbers end up in scientific notation (e.g., 2.105020024197E+18). How can I do this so that the numbers stay the same? Am I doing something wrong (or something that simply is not possible)?

Re: Converting number to text

Oh, BTW, I'm using Access 97.

Re: Converting number to text

Originally posted by darkcore
    Oh, BTW, I'm using Access 97.
    Depends on where you put the string :

If you're working in a table, simply set the field's data type to Text and the problem is solved.
    If it is a matter of displaying the number on a form, make sure the field on your form is large enough (or the column width if you're looking in datasheet view)

That's what I did. When I changed the field's data type to Text, it changed all the values to scientific notation. As far as the column width is concerned, it's a standard 50 character text field, so that should not be a problem.

Originally posted by darkcore
    That's what I did. When I changed the field's data type to Text, it changed all the values to scientific notation. As far as the column width is concerned, it's a standard 50 character text field, so that should not be a problem.
    OK, try this one :
    in the table with the numbers, create a new field with a text data type. Make an update query on that table where you set the value of the new field (Field2) to the following formula :
    Format([Field1];"0")
    where Field1 is the field with the long numbers. Execute this query and in the new Field2, you should have what you need.

Go for it!