Unanswered: SQL vs Filemaker Pro 6

My organization wants to use FM Pro 6 for our web DB, and I need to know if it is do-able or if I need to fight to stay with MSSQL... I need some solid facts to win the case--
    We are using server 03 with ASP.NET and IIS right now.

here's some input in the direction I'm seeking:

Can I access FM like I can MSSQL through SQL, ASP, ADO, etc? or do I have to stick with the CDML stuff?

What are the limitations on records on FM vs MSSQL? How's the relationships work in FM compared with SQL? etc...

Is there speed differences at all?

Anything / more along those lines would be helpful... thanks!

Re: SQL vs Filemaker Pro 6

Originally posted by bereaDTL
    My organization wants to use FM Pro 6 for our web DB, and I need to know if it is do-able or if I need to fight to stay with MSSQL... I need some solid facts to win the case--
    We are using server 03 with ASP.NET and IIS right now.

here's some input in the direction I'm seeking:

Can I access FM like I can MSSQL through SQL, ASP, ADO, etc? or do I have to stick with the CDML stuff?

What are the limitations on records on FM vs MSSQL? How's the relationships work in FM compared with SQL? etc...

Is there speed differences at all?

Anything / more along those lines would be helpful... thanks!

The only thing that i know about filemaker (i know nothing about any FM PRO versions) is that it can be compared to access. Now im sure that it is as powerfull if not more powerfull than access, but i have neaver seen it compared to MSSQL on an enterprise level. U may want to look at what market FM Pro was supposed to target and if it will be a good enterprise tool. Why I say that is that the FM that i am familure with slowed down as consecituve users logged on, and there was a row limit, though it was large but not as large as MSSQL. I would try to do some reading on the FM website to get more detail about its power/potential. maybe talk to a FM sales rep, or ask on the FM forum here, its right above the access forum. Hope that helps
    Jim