Unanswered: Migration of database from DB2 Ver 5.1 to DB2 Ver 8.1

Hi,
    I was trying to migrate the database from DB2 Ver5.1 to 8.1. I am using D2K Forms as front end. In one of the forms, while inserting a date format an error CLI0114E Datetime field overflow SQLSTATE 22008 occured. This query is working fine in DB2 Ver5.1 but gives error only in Ver 8.1. Could any one help me in this?..Thanks in advance..

Regards,
    Siva

Re: Migration of database from DB2 Ver 5.1 to DB2 Ver 8.1

Hope you would have referred db2 manuals for SQL 22008:

Datetime field overflow occurred; for example, an arithmetic operation on a date or timestamp has a result that is not within the valid range of dates.

So, it will be useful to see when/where this overflow occurs and analyze the problem ...

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by Siva_nv1976
    Hi,
    I was trying to migrate the database from DB2 Ver5.1 to 8.1. I am using D2K Forms as front end. In one of the forms, while inserting a date format an error CLI0114E Datetime field overflow SQLSTATE 22008 occured. This query is working fine in DB2 Ver5.1 but gives error only in Ver 8.1. Could any one help me in this?..Thanks in advance..

Regards,
    Siva
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: Migration of database from DB2 Ver 5.1 to DB2 Ver 8.1

Hi Sathyaram,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply..I have reffered the Manual and got this explanation..But when I checked, I could not find any date overflow. The format I am getting in DB2 Ver 5.1 and 8.1 is same (09-Jul-03), but it gives error in 8.1 and not giving in 5.1. So I suspect this is a part of some data base date format settings. I will be very thankful if you can give any idea on the same.

Thanks once again,

Siva

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Hope you would have referred db2 manuals for SQL 22008:

Datetime field overflow occurred; for example, an arithmetic operation on a date or timestamp has a result that is not within the valid range of dates.

So, it will be useful to see when/where this overflow occurs and analyze the problem ...

HTH

Sathyaram