Unanswered: listbox horizontal bar color

I'm sure this is possible, just don't know where to look. How do I go about changing the way the Horizontal bar displays on list boxes and combo boxes? I would prefer a different color as the BLACK is hard on the eyes. Might opt for a border color instead. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 5
    I dont even think you could override it with an API. For instance, no matter what color the ForeColor is (the color of the Text of items in the list) the Selection bar is the same color, like on my machine, its Black

You can change the Bar color by changing the listbox background color, but of course you do not have control of the setting.

technically that selection bar is still "black", but the background color change makes it appear to another shade.

Why would the bar change to White when the background is set to Black? Seems to me that Bill is changing his bar depending on what background is chosen.

I am sure there is some built in function that says if the background is color "x" then the selection bar is color "y" - these are built in functions that allow the user to see the text - the selection bar color is determined by access - not the developer.

In essence you do not control the bar you control the background.

So ... what are my options .. hmmm
    1) If I switched to Visual Basic, would I have control of the Listbox settings?
    2) What about MSFlexGrid? Heard it mentioned but don't know anything about it's flexibility.

I have an idea - I have used it begore but not exactly to change the selectionbar

But a subform (continuous form) on the form a

on the mouse over event of the record (or control) manipulate the forecolor and background color of the controls in that row

will not be the real effect you want though but really what you are trying to do may be done (I think) can only be done by manipulating windows color schemes on the fly - and that will not give an instantaneous color change like you re looking for.

I have used a continuous form in the past with the Conditional formatting and did not like the screen flashing upon selecting a line as well as multi selects not being possible

so back to square one

try a mouse down event to change the clor schemes and on mouse up change back