Unanswered: Slider Control (ActiveX) and compatibility between Access versions

I've developed a form with a slider control (Microsoft Slider Control Version 5.0 SP2) for selecting a range of data. It works wonderfully on my machine with Access 97. When transported to another machine with Access 2002 I am told it is getting a run-time error. The error seems to be related to the updating of the slider position. I am setting a txtbox to the value of the slider (multiplied by some constants) and that is the line that is being highlighted. I wish I had more information but I am doing this over the phone with someone who isn't very fluent with Access. Does anyone have experience with a problem like this?

Here's one guess...
    Check the reference libraries that are running on the 2 machines. I imagine the machine running Access 2002 is running newer versions than the ones on your Access 97 machine. For example, you may be running Microsoft Access 8.0 Object Library, and the other user is running Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library.

Here's one guess...
    Check the reference libraries that are running on the 2 machines. I imagine the machine running Access 2002 is running newer versions than the ones on your Access 97 machine. For example, you may be running Microsoft Access 8.0 Object Library, and the other user is running Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library.

Re: Slider Control (ActiveX) and compatibility between Access versions

Originally posted by iandea
    I've developed a form with a slider control (Microsoft Slider Control Version 5.0 SP2) for selecting a range of data. It works wonderfully on my machine with Access 97. When transported to another machine with Access 2002 I am told it is getting a run-time error. The error seems to be related to the updating of the slider position. I am setting a txtbox to the value of the slider (multiplied by some constants) and that is the line that is being highlighted. I wish I had more information but I am doing this over the phone with someone who isn't very fluent with Access. Does anyone have experience with a problem like this?
    iandea,
    have you checked the version of the ActiveX-component? These migth be different for the two machines and causing the problems.
    When different, make sure you both have the latest version (and registered it!)