Unanswered: Different No. of Rows from same SQL

Hi,
    We are using Oracle9i on SUN Solaris 8. We want to know whether this is possible or not in SQL Plus.

I have a table with 1000 rows and using a select statement (select col1, col2 from <table_name>) from that table & having two users A & B in the same schema. Is it possible to achieve the following:

1. The same query is executed by User A and i am interested to display him all 1000 rows..?

2. The same query is executed by User B and i am interested to display hin only 750 rows..?

I mean to say that is it possible to to display different no. of rows from a same query if we execute it from two different session i.e. from two different users.?? I tired to explain my case as much as possible, In case of any doubt, pls. let me know.

I would appreciate any help / tips/ workaround in this regard. Or some variables settings of the sesions etc. etc. Pls. suggest. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    - KR

As your using 9i try the following...

Virtual Private Database (VPD) enhancements
    Virtual Private Database offers partitioned fine-grained access control whereby each user can only access rows of data that pertain to them and whereby security enforcement depends upon which application is accessing data. In addition, Virtual Private Database also provides connection pooling through a global or shared application context.

Hi Alan
    Thanks for ur suggestion. Hope this will give me clue for what i was looking for. Have u implemented concept of VPD..?? Pls. let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,
    - KR

No I havent tried VPD yet but heres a good starting point.

http://otn.oracle.com/oramag/oracle/...3security.html

Hi AlanP,
    Yes..I checkec the link. It is a good document for me to start. Thanks for ur tips / really good document link.

Regards,
    - KR