Unanswered: DTS time out when run from SP global var

Hi
    I run a DTS that gets global variable that says to which table to enter the text file. no problem when i run it inside the DTS. sometimes problem when i run it in the "local packages" frame but all the time i have a "time out" problem when i run it from SP. every time the number that written for the variable is like written in the defult for the DTS it runs in 1 second. when the value is the other one (say have file 1 and 2 and 1 is defult and i put 2 in the SP) i get 17 second and the process doesnt import the file at all!!! i use in the SP the sp_OACreate, sp_OAMethod, sp_OASetProperty with v. 97 and in the package in workflow properties of the current step i do If DTSGlobalVariables("FileToRun").Value <> 1 Then Main = DTSStepScriptResult_DontExecuteTask else Main = DTSStepScriptResult_ExecuteTask for both files. (actually should do 7).
    any idea what is the problem as it runs good in the DTS frame cant be that its programming big mistake.

Thx
    Inon

Is the SP running inside a transaction and locking the table? The dts package will get a new connection and be blocked by that lock.

Originally posted by nigelrivett
    Is the SP running inside a transaction and locking the table? The dts package will get a new connection and be blocked by that lock.
    No the SP doesnt touch the table only the DTS fill the table.