Red face Unanswered: Interpreting db2diag.log file

Hi,

I am trying to interpret the db2diag.log file. I have some problems, probably a system catalog contention. I wanted to do some R & D. However, the db2diag.log is not very friendly to interpret.

I have gone through the Troubleshooting Guide. But it just gives an overview of the db2diag.log contents. Is there any other book or website or any resource which will help teach me how to analyze the db2diag.log file in depth.

Thanks in advance,
    Naveen Urs.
    Naveen Urs
    DBA Manager
    IBM Certified Solutions Expert - DB2 LUW V7, V9

Re: Interpreting db2diag.log file

The problem determination tutorials also give a fair idea about db2diag.log (more or less troubleshooting guide, but in a 'friendly' manner) ..

I'm not aware of any other resources which give further detail ... To be precise, I don't believe there will be any ...

Most of the db2diag.log error messages refer to internal function names of the product and hence I don't think there will be any doc made public ..

I normally 'google' the error to see if I get any information ... Otherwise,IBM PA are the best ones to diagonize the problem

Hope this helps

Sathyaram

Originally posted by urs_77
    Hi,

I am trying to interpret the db2diag.log file. I have some problems, probably a system catalog contention. I wanted to do some R & D. However, the db2diag.log is not very friendly to interpret.

I have gone through the Troubleshooting Guide. But it just gives an overview of the db2diag.log contents. Is there any other book or website or any resource which will help teach me how to analyze the db2diag.log file in depth.

Thanks in advance,
    Naveen Urs.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.