Question Unanswered: dbcc traceon(4011) and page linkage

Hello world,

On Sybase ASE pre-11.5, a dbcc traceon(4011) allowed to display a hidden. This menu gave the ability to display the header of a specific page and change its data (pointers NEXTP & PREVP, INDID, etc).

This menu was usefull to uncorrupt a corrupted database (or corrupt an uncorrupted one ;-) )

On MS-SQL 7 (and the next versions), and till ASE v. 11.5, this traceflag is desactivate. Sybase replaced it with a usefull utility called Sybedit.

What's the Microsoft solution to do the same tasks ? (except writting my own C program) ?

http://www.nigelrivett.net/PageStructure.html

This shows how to display a page but there is no way to update as far as I know.

dbcc checktable
    dbcc checkdb

will repair errors at your peril.

I already know the main part of the dbcc commands, but I'm really serching how to update the pointers... Please, heeeelp !

In sql server you aren't meant to patch or really even access the database files.
    You can get in touch with microsoft and ask them to fix it for you but apart from that you will have to get or write a hex editor and have a go yourself.

If you have a suspect database you can set it to emergency mode and copy out the data maybe.