Unanswered: db paging with OO4O? **RESOLVED**

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to do page sizing with OO4O instead of ADODB? I found an example of page sizing on asp101.com (http://www.asp101.com/samples/viewas...5Fpaging%2Easp). This article covers db paging with ADODB. Since I'm fairly new to Oracle I thought: "What the heck lets give it a go". But here are the problems:

1. OO4O doesn't seem to support the objects Pagesize, CacheSize, PageCount, etc, etc.

2. I can not use ADODB to connect to our Oracle8i database server. It has something to do with the company policy on how to handle connections to Oracle

So the obvious big question is: "Does anybody know how to do paging with OO4O?". I really need to know, because dumping 30.000 records on 1 page isn't fun (not for the users and certainly not for Internet Explorer - Already had a good many of virtual memory errors .. hehe). Right now I build in an option that only the first 500,1000,2500 or 5000 results are returned! That works, but has the disadvantage the users can't see the last 'x' results.

Hope anyone can help, or point me to a website with more information on it.

Thanks,

Gog

/edit
    Problem solved.
    Last edited by Gog; 07-15-03 at 06:01.

Re: db paging with OO4O? **RESOLVED**

Originally posted by Gog
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how to do page sizing with OO4O instead of ADODB? I found an example of page sizing on asp101.com (http://www.asp101.com/samples/viewas...5Fpaging%2Easp). This article covers db paging with ADODB. Since I'm fairly new to Oracle I thought: "What the heck lets give it a go". But here are the problems:

1. OO4O doesn't seem to support the objects Pagesize, CacheSize, PageCount, etc, etc.

2. I can not use ADODB to connect to our Oracle8i database server. It has something to do with the company policy on how to handle connections to Oracle

So the obvious big question is: "Does anybody know how to do paging with OO4O?". I really need to know, because dumping 30.000 records on 1 page isn't fun (not for the users and certainly not for Internet Explorer - Already had a good many of virtual memory errors .. hehe). Right now I build in an option that only the first 500,1000,2500 or 5000 results are returned! That works, but has the disadvantage the users can't see the last 'x' results.

Hope anyone can help, or point me to a website with more information on it.

Thanks,

Gog

/edit
    Problem solved.

Well.. what was the solution?.. I'm sure others could benefit!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Damn, I'm sorry guys, some time pressure at work made me forget to post back here.

Well it's not resolved by using OO4O, the only possibility we saw to page the recordset with OO4O was to use triggers in Oracle. We didn't want any of that because we were developing a system that should be able to run on any database.

So we just kept searching for a way to get an ADO connection, which worked in the end and so we just did ADO recordset paging. Sorry guys.

I'll see if I can locate the URL on how to do recordset paging with the trigger in Oracle. I think I saw it on www.4guysfromrolla.com - I'll edit my post if I find it.

http://4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/062899-1.shtml

Here's how to do recordset paging through a stored procedure... I can't recommend that though =)