Thread: Replication

Question Unanswered: Replication

Hi!

I'm trying to implement a transactional replication
    with SQL Server 2000. I'm new on this issue.

I tried to configure the distribution, but i received a message, that i didn't understand and that i send you in attachment.

Could you, please, tellme what does it means? And what should be done?

Thank's in advanced

My best regards

siff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails distributor_004.jpg  

Re: Replication

As the message says, you must change the SQL Server Agent account (service). Use a domain account that gives you access to the replication folders.
    The Snapshot Agent must be able to connect to the publication database on the Publisher and the distribution database on the Distributor. By default on Windows 2000, the snapshot folder used for replication is located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Mssql\Repldata on the distributor. Each Snapshot Agent must have full control access to this folder. By default on W2000, the replication agents run in the security context of SQL Server Agent domain user account. If the domain user account is not member of the local Administrators group on the Distributor, you should create a shere for the snapshot folder and grant necessary permissions to the share to the domain account under which these replication agents run.

Originally posted by siff
    Hi!

I'm trying to implement a transactional replication
    with SQL Server 2000. I'm new on this issue.

I tried to configure the distribution, but i received a message, that i didn't understand and that i send you in attachment.

Could you, please, tellme what does it means? And what should be done?

Thank's in advanced

My best regards

siff
    Steve

Can u give more details on server roles. Servers involved and their roles (Publisher, Distributor and Subscriber). Are they part of domain / work group etc.

If the servers are part of same domain, add a domain account to the local admin group of server and use that account to run the Sql server agent

If the servers are part of work group then u need to create trusted user connection between the servers.