Unanswered: Replication of v8 (on AIX5.1) to v7.2 (on AIX4.3)

Hello all!

I have to make replication of my db which is version 8 on AIX 5.1 (64 bit kernel) platform. The targer platform is AIX4.3 (32 bit kernel) and version of DB2 is 7.2.

Do you think this is possible?

Thank you in advance...
    Nicole

Re: Replication of v8 (on AIX5.1) to v7.2 (on AIX4.3)

I'm pretty confident this can be done ... But it is not straight-forward as replicaing between V7 databases ... There has been a lot of changes in Replication in V8 .....

Check the replication Migration Guide
    http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/d...lmigration.pdf

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by NNicole
    Hello all!

I have to make replication of my db which is version 8 on AIX 5.1 (64 bit kernel) platform. The targer platform is AIX4.3 (32 bit kernel) and version of DB2 is 7.2.

Do you think this is possible?

Thank you in advance...
    Nicole
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks

Thank you...

Than,I'm going to read guides for more informations. I was thinking that this is not possible but in the same time couldn't find any information to prove that...

I have never tried replication so I was not sure does it have sence to start with reading all material that I have if this is not possible.

Nicole

Re: Thanks

Just a thought ...

For various performance reasons, it is generally advisible to run Apply on the target server ..

Replicating from V8 to V7, may be you can run the capture and apply programs on V8 and also have the control tables on V8 ...

You can consider this especially if you are considering to move the target V7 to V8 in the near future ... This will save the time for you to work on configuring apply on V7 to work with V8 source ... Once you migrate the target to V8, you can move the apply there ..

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by NNicole
    Thank you...

Than,I'm going to read guides for more informations. I was thinking that this is not possible but in the same time couldn't find any information to prove that...

I have never tried replication so I was not sure does it have sence to start with reading all material that I have if this is not possible.

Nicole
    Last edited by sathyaram_s; 07-15-03 at 08:43.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.