Angry Unanswered: Tran Log Backups - Deadlocks

Howdy

I run all my tran log backups at the same time each night and keep getting deadlock errors when I run them. I dont have any other full backups etc running. The message I get is this :

Executed as user: XXXXXX\YYYYYYY. Transaction (Process ID 67) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. [SQLSTATE 40001] (Error 1205). The step failed.

Now the XXXXX\YYYYY account has all the privs it needs. I have never had this problem before. SQL was installed with all default values. The disks have enough space and the databases are not heavily used.

Any ideas?

Thanks

SG

Provided Answers: 1
    Could you be inadvertently trying to run two backups on the same database at the same time? Easy mistake to make if you cut and pasted code when creating your jobs, or if your dbs have similar names.

Try separating your tran dumps by five minutes and see if you still have the problem. If you don't, then look in the database backup history and see if any databases had tranlogs dumped twice, five minutes apart.

blindman