Unanswered: Replication Help

I am trying to configure my sql server as a publisher/distributor to create Merge Replication. Every time I do so, I get an error message that says 'SQL Server Agent on <server> currently uses the system account, which causes replication between servers to fail. In the following dialog box, specify another account for the service startup account.'

When I click ok and it takes me to the ensuing dialog box, my only other option is "This Account' which has a name 'LocalSystem' and a blocked-out password. If I select that, click on apply, and then ok I get taken right back to where I was.

Any ideas?

Ideas

I've been having the same problem. In order to fix it I replaced "localhost" with "server" or whatever the name of my server is. I belive the reason this works is because SQL Server has to use a network accessable name for distrabution so that when other computers see "localhost" they dont try to get data from them selves.

Thanks. Misery loves company, especially when they have a solution.

A couple of questions...

1) I have my publisher/distributor set up for merge replication but I need to create the initial snapshot and I am not sure how to do this?

2) I am doing all of this from the Publisher. What do I need to do on the subscriber end? Again, this is a merge publication.

I am using this replication as a redundant database so that I can disconnect and take it to a non-connected location. After a 'job' is done I will want to merge the data back. Does this have to be done manually? Do I have to create a push subscription from the subscriber? Or a pull subscription from the publisher? Or do these things not apply with merge publications?

Thanks for your help!!!