Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5

    Question Unanswered: problem running sp_sysmon

    I'am relative new to sybase and I run in to problem when I try to run sp_sysmon on an older release 11.0.3 and this is what happend:


    1> sp_sysmon begin_sample
    2> go
    Msg 257, Level 16, State 1:
    Procedure 'sp_sysmon':
    Implicit conversion from datatype 'VARCHAR' to 'TINYINT' is not allowed. Use
    the CONVERT function to run this query.
    (return status = -6)


    ..when I run sp_sysmon on 12.x releases this has never happend.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    104

    Re: problem running sp_sysmon

    Originally posted by HeBa
    I'am relative new to sybase and I run in to problem when I try to run sp_sysmon on an older release 11.0.3 and this is what happend:


    1> sp_sysmon begin_sample
    2> go
    Msg 257, Level 16, State 1:
    Procedure 'sp_sysmon':
    Implicit conversion from datatype 'VARCHAR' to 'TINYINT' is not allowed. Use
    the CONVERT function to run this query.
    (return status = -6)


    ..when I run sp_sysmon on 12.x releases this has never happend.
    hello ,

    this is a version problem ...sybase 11.0 doesnot support argument begin_sample(it was introduced in sybase 11.5)

    hope this will help u,

    Pooja

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5

    Re: problem running sp_sysmon

    Originally posted by pooja
    hello ,

    this is a version problem ...sybase 11.0 doesnot support argument begin_sample(it was introduced in sybase 11.5)

    hope this will help u,

    Pooja

    Thank you, that's a good start.

    I have tried to find some manuals for version 11.0.3 but failed, how should it be run...i suppose the procedure should have som argument ?


    HeBa

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    104

    Re: problem running sp_sysmon

    Originally posted by HeBa
    Thank you, that's a good start.

    I have tried to find some manuals for version 11.0.3 but failed, how should it be run...i suppose the procedure should have som argument ?


    HeBa
    hello,

    i guess it expects 1 paramater, that is time period that too only 1-10 min.

    Pooja

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs up Re: problem running sp_sysmon

    Originally posted by pooja
    hello,

    i guess it expects 1 paramater, that is time period that too only 1-10 min.

    Pooja

    Thank you, now it works.

    HeBa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •