Unhappy Unanswered: Connection failed

I am in the process to install a new DB2Connect server version 7.2 on a windows 2000 server.
    First of all, the personnal communication installation went smooth and I was able after to verify that I have connectivity trought the APING utility.

The DB2Connect steps were a bit rougher.... In the client configuration Assistant I configure the database to connect to; when I try to test the connectivity I get the following error message: HELP ANYONE, please...:

The connection test failed.

[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "APPC". Communication API being used: "CPI-C". Location where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error: "cmallc". Protocol specific error code(s): "1", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

How do you connect to the databaseserver. The error message says it's trying through APPC. Is this correct???
    What platform is the DB2 database on? Win, linux, unix, mainframe???

//mARTIN

Originally posted by MGUD
    How do you connect to the databaseserver. The error message says it's trying through APPC. Is this correct???
    What platform is the DB2 database on? Win, linux, unix, mainframe???

//mARTIN
    Martin

Thank you for your reply; I've found where the problem was; let me explain:

The DB2Connect version 7.2 is running under Microsoft Windows 2000 with Personnal Communication 5.6.1 for the SNA node. I was trying to connect to a MainFrame PU.

Strating the node was showing that the Personnal Communication SNA Node was successfully attached to the MainFrame PU, and the APING utility was showing that when the node was pinging, it was getting an answer.

Unfortuneatly when I was trying to test the connectivity through DB2Connect Client Configuration Assitant, I was getting the error that I reported.

I made a test; I have another DB2Connect server running under Microsoft Windows and attached to another PU. I disconnect this server ad pointed the new server to that PU: right away it connected and DB2 was able to test the connectivity.

I knew then that my config was fine; so I contacted MainFrame guru, IBM to report the issue:L they found out that the PU I was trying to attached to was "non active", even though they assure me, 2 weeks before that the PU was available and configured...

Anyways, my issue, DB2Connect to Mainframe is now corrected... finally.. now I am attacking the second step: connecting the work stations to the DB2Connect server and a TWO-PHASE COMMIT scenario....
    Lot of fun

Thank you again for your reply and have a great day

Flow.