I find it ironic that the people here in the US...

I find it ironic that the people here in the US allow our government to treat us like subjects/slaves!

Many congressman are talking about passing legislation which would put women in jail for having an abortion.

Go figure? is the woman the property of the govrnment? Obviously yes since the government seems to be able to do whatever the hell it wants.

What a sad state. So much for individual freedom...

Max

Well you would be put in jail if you killed someone that you saw on the steet because you did not want them there.

and your point is?

It's stupid to be legal to kill someone in august 2003 and illegal in december 2003

I don't understand your ramblings so I will just ignore you.

max

I don't understand your ignorance, I will ignore you.

Bedwetting as a 6 month old is 'normal', 3 year old is 'something not right', 5 year old is 'something wrong', 10 year old is 'abnormal' ...

No one calls this change of thought stupidity ...

I don't like this law on abortion, but not for your reason

Originally posted by pcdunham
    It's stupid to be legal to kill someone in august 2003 and illegal in december 2003
    Last edited by sathyaram_s; 07-20-03 at 18:24.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: I find it ironic that the people here in the US...

Originally posted by phplords.com
    I find it ironic that the people here in the US allow our government to treat us like subjects/slaves!
    Okay, this is irritating on several counts:

1. Gratuitous use of the word "ironic." Ironic does not mean "bad" or "hypocritical," it means ironic. When a homeless advocate is mugged by a bum in San Francisco, that's ironic. When a government does something bad... it's just bad.

2. Subjects are different from slaves. Pick one, or just drop the hyperbole. You may be amazed to hear this, but some of us have read entire books on the subject and are not going to be persuaded by exclamation points.

3. Mindless anti-Americanism / Europhilism in assuming that because it's done differently in Europe we're somehow a step behind. Newsflash: one billion Muslims the world over think abortion is evil. Another billion Catholics agree.

Many congressman are talking about passing legislation which would put women in jail for having an abortion.
    And I'm supposed to take your word for this? Post a link to an actual document that proves this. What are the extenuating circumstances? Which congressmen? Has it been put up for a vote yet, or is it just stuck in committee?

I don't understand your ramblings so I will just ignore you.
    Your mind's so open your brain fell out...