Unanswered: DB2 Connection Problem

We have installed DB2 UDB V8 EE in the Win NT Server. Normally when I make a connection from a client to the DB2 database in the server, the connection time taken is less than 1 second. But once in a while, it might take 5 or 6 seconds. I just wondering why this scenario happened?

Re: DB2 Connection Problem

Probably, the database is being activated ...

If that is the first connection to your database, db2 allocates memory (for bufferpool etc) and also initializes the primary logs etc.. Crash recovery may also take place ... Hence it takes a longer time ...

To avoid this overhead, you can issue the 'activate database' command once you start the database manager ... The database is 'active' until you deactivate it using the 'deactivate database' command

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by sphoon
    We have installed DB2 UDB V8 EE in the Win NT Server. Normally when I make a connection from a client to the DB2 database in the server, the connection time taken is less than 1 second. But once in a while, it might take 5 or 6 seconds. I just wondering why this scenario happened?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.