Question Unanswered: Finding a difference

Hi,

I have a subform within a form. The form contains data that is linked to a query which is linked to an external table through ODBC. The subform is linked to a table where it contains data that is entered manually.

The subform and form have the same fields, but what I am trying to do is find where the data within the subform and form do not match. Basically, I am thinking of a cell within the subform to be highlighted when it doesn’t match the entry within the query data which is on the form.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Regards

Phil

Re: Finding a difference

Write some vba code to compare each cell from Main form to sub form, if the contents are different then set the backcolor , i.e

if frmMain.Text1 <> frmSub.Text1 then frmSub.Text1.BackColor = vbRed

Question Finding a difference

Any chance that you can write the code for me as I do not know much about VBA programming.

Much appreciated

Thanks

Phil

Question Finding a difference

Hi,

I have tried to see if the back colour works manually i.e. changing it in design view. But when I switch to form view the colour does not show up even thought it does when I am in design view of the subform. Any solution, thanks

Phil

Exclamation finding a differnce

another thing is that once a difference is found it highlights the whole colum rather that the specific cell - any soultions, thanks

Phil