Unanswered: automatic synchronization

I'm pretty new to databases, but have created one that is shared on a network. I've created a replicas of the db for the ppl who will be using it, but they are not very technically inclined, to say the least. I was wondering how to code access to automatically synchronize the replicas with the design master so that the people using it won't have to do it manually. I am told that this is possible with the Replication Manager, but I don't seem to have that on my machine, so I think I need to code it directly....any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Re: automatic synchronization

Someone else gave me the code to accomplish what I was trying to do - I'll paste it below for anyone who may be interested...

put this code on your close button on the database:

Private Sub Command0_Click()

Call SynchronizeDBsJRO("local database path", "master database path", 3, 2)

End Sub

Sub SynchronizeDBsJRO(strReplicaName As String, strSynchWith As String, _
    intSynchType As Integer, intSynchMode As Integer)

Dim rep As JRO.Replica
    Set rep = New JRO.Replica
    rep.ActiveConnection = strReplicaName
    rep.Synchronize strSynchWith, intSynchType, intSynchMode
    Set rep = Nothing

MsgBox "Databases have now been Syncronised", vbInformation, "Information"

DoCmd.Quit

End Sub

Re: automatic synchronization

Originally posted by lacrossegal
    I'm pretty new to databases, but have created one that is shared on a network. I've created a replicas of the db for the ppl who will be using it, but they are not very technically inclined, to say the least. I was wondering how to code access to automatically synchronize the replicas with the design master so that the people using it won't have to do it manually. I am told that this is possible with the Replication Manager, but I don't seem to have that on my machine, so I think I need to code it directly....any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Just a quick question. Are all these people on the same network and using the database while connected to the network or are they laptop users.
    Mona

All of the people are on the same network, and most of the time will be using the database while connected to the network...but occasionally will be away and using laptops instead...