I have two versions (Access 97 and Access 2002) of a split MS Access database. The back-end is still in Access 97. Some users use Access 2002 client and a couple of them use Access 97 client. Both databases are secured using an Access 97 MDW that resides on the server.

My VB code has a call to OpenDatabase function which opens the back-end Access 97 database for the purpose of querying and updating the server data. It works fine when I use the Access 97 client but gives me the following error:
"Run-time error '3033': You don't have the necessary permissions to use the '............server.mdb' object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you.'

I tried updating the server (Access 97) tables from the Access 2002 client directly by opening a link to the table and I was able to do so. I even think that the OpenDatabase worked when I initially split the database and tested. One of my users recently pointed out to me this problem after I had converted the current Access 97 client to create a new Access 2002 client because of some changes.

Somebody pleeease help!!!