Unanswered: OLAP Starter Kit

I am running DB2 v7.2 with OLAP Starter kit
    7.2 installed on Windows NT platform.
    I have followed the BI tutorial to create the TBC model
    and metaoutline and have loaded records to the OLAP db.(When I export the DB to a text file,I do find data there!!)

The Excel add-in has been added and configured, yet when I connect to my myappl/olapdb from Excel and retrieve the data, the data fields are all populated with "#Missing", which suggests the OLAP db database is empty.
    However,when I try the Sample/Basic db/application that comes with the starter kit,it works fine.Now why is that??
    Is there something I'm doing wrong??

Re: OLAP Starter Kit

Hi,

You probably didn't do the calculation of the cube.

In Metaoutline from menu Outline select Members and Data load. In Calc skript box select Use Default Calc Skript option.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by sarah28
    I am running DB2 v7.2 with OLAP Starter kit
    7.2 installed on Windows NT platform.
    I have followed the BI tutorial to create the TBC model
    and metaoutline and have loaded records to the OLAP db.(When I export the DB to a text file,I do find data there!!)

The Excel add-in has been added and configured, yet when I connect to my myappl/olapdb from Excel and retrieve the data, the data fields are all populated with "#Missing", which suggests the OLAP db database is empty.
    However,when I try the Sample/Basic db/application that comes with the starter kit,it works fine.Now why is that??
    Is there something I'm doing wrong??

Talking Re: OLAP Starter Kit

Hey!!....thanks for the help!!